New England's Fall Foliage - Preview 2021
New England’s Fall Foliage – Preview 2021
Embark on a colourful autumnal journey through this picturesque corner of the USA and experience an Indian Summer in all its glory. Think glorious orange and red hues set against lush forests and tranquil lakes. Along the way you’ll delve into Boston’s transformative past as you follow part of the red-brick Freedom Trail. You’ll visit the quintessential Vermont village of Woodstock and capture the Silver Cascade waterfall and Bretton Woods, which offers stunning views of Mount Washington. Drive along the famous Ocean Drive in Kennebunkport and see the fabulous homes of the rich and famous, all while staying at the best addresses yourself.
- Stowe: At your Highlight Dinner, taste the product of artisan brewers during a three-course meal.
- Waterbury: Learn the secrets behind the most famous ice cream in America and sample delicious flavours at Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory.
- Montpelier: Visit Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks and taste a Vermont tradition: ‘sugar on snow’.
- Portland: Toast to your fond travel memories over a Celebration Dinner at one of Portland’s renowned restaurants.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 5 Dinners with wine (DW).
- North Conway: With an expert naturalist, learn about the wildlife and ecology of the North Woods.
Stay in Style
- Boston: Located in the heart of downtown, the Hyatt Regency Boston is just steps away from some of the city’s most famous sites.
- Williamstown: The Orchards Hotel is an oasis of quiet charm and set against the backdrop of the magnificent Berkshire Mountains.
- Stowe: Enjoy a stay at the European-style Trapp Family Lodge, owned by the family who inspired ‘The Sound of Music’.
- North Conway: The White Mountain Hotel and Resort is a warm and comfortable retreat with a breathtakingly beautiful setting and scenic mountain views.
- Portland: The Westin Portland Harborview brings the best of downtown Portland to your doorstep.
Top Rated Highlights
- Boston: Follow part of the red-brick Freedom Trail that brings to life the story of the American Revolution.
- Stockbridge: Visit the Norman Rockwell Museum, a wonderful snapshot of Americana, built to showcase the amazing artwork produced during his long career.
- Woodstock: Explore one of the finest operating dairy farms in America and also a museum of Vermont’s rural past at the Billings Farm and Museum.
- Franconia Notch: Enjoy superb panoramic views onboard the aerial tramway.
- Quechee Gorge: Stop for fall foliage picture-taking at the Silver Cascade Waterfall and Bretton Woods.
- White Mountains: Travel through Crawford Notch. Enjoy views of Mount Washington.
- Kennebunkport: Drive along Ocean Drive. See the homes of the rich and famous, including the summer retreat of former President George H.W. Bush. Browse in the galleries and shops.
- Woodstock: See the famous covered bridge.
- Bennington: Taste fresh cider at the Apple Barn and Country Bake Shop.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to Boston.
Beantown to Williamstown.
The Legends of the Fall and Stowe.
A Taste of Vermont.
North Conway and the White Mountains.
Sightseeing in the White Mountains.
The rugged Maine coast to Portland.
Back to Boston.