The Eastern Discovery - With Cruise Premier, Small Group, 2021
The Eastern Discovery – With Cruise Premier, Small Group, 2021
This multi-layered journey takes you from Plitvice Lakes in Croatia to the mighty Parthenon in Athens and on to the shimmering Greek isles with a stopover in Corfu.
- Zagreb: Join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant with the opportunity to get to know your fellow travellers over a pleasant evening with wine.
- Dubrovnik: Enjoy a traditional Dalmatian Coast meal at a local restaurant, accompanied with wine and grappa.
- Athens: Toast the culmination of your vacation with a lively Celebration Dinner in true Greek style at a local restaurant.
- Dining Summary: 15 Breakfast (B), 1 Dinner (D), 8 Dinner with Wine (DW), 3 Lunch with Wine (LW)
- Plitvice: Join a guided tour in the Plitvice Lakes National Park as you walk along forest paths and the crystal blue-green waters. Alternatively, take time to learn about local traditions and folklore at a local community centre.
- Heraklion: While in Crete, enjoy your guided visit to the Palace of Minos at Knossos.
Make Travel Matter
- Plitvice National Park: Choose between joining a Local Expert to explore Plitvice National Park and learn how the site actively carries out research to monitor the natural habitat of species, or alternatively meet the industrious women of the Tara Community Centre, who produce handicrafts, enabling employment and engagement in the community.
Top Rated Highlights
- Zagreb: Ride the funicular to Gornji Grad, the medieval Upper Town, to view the former Presidential Palace, Stone Gate, St. Mark’s Church and the Lotršcak Tower.
- Trogir: See the cathedral and Renaissance Cipiko Palace during an orientation with your Travel Director.
- Split: Sightseeing with your Local Expert continues through the old town. Walk through the Jewish Quarter to reach Narodni Trg, the centre of Old Split. Continue to Trg Brace Radic, translated as the Square of the Radic brothers, but better known to the locals as Vocni Trg, or the Fruit Square.
- Dubrovnik: As the sun descends and should the weather be favourable, enjoy a relaxing cruise around the fabled bay of Dubrovnik.
- Kotor: Visit the Stari Grad, also referred to as the Old Town, perfectly positioned on a beautiful bay.
- Budva: Explore the medieval old town of Budva, home to religious sites such as the 9th century Church of Santa Maria in Punta.
- Tirana: Meet a local resident who will show you Skanderbeg Square and walk you through their home city as they explain what it’s like to live in the Albanian capital.
- Corfu: Return to the mainland by cruise and continue your journey through Greece.
- Delphi: With your Local Expert, walk to The Sacred Way once lined with offertory temples. See the reconstructed Athenian Treasury and pass the superb Polygonal Wall to reach the Temple of Apollo, where the people would seek divine wisdom from the mysterious Oracle.
- Ephesus: Discover one of the world’s finest ancient sites. Led by your Local Expert, walk the Arcadian Way, see the Library of Celsus and Amphitheatre and visit the House of the Virgin Mary.
- Athens: Ascend the Acropolis with a Local Expert to admire the Parthenon, built in 5th century B.C. Steps away you’ll see the Temple of Athena Nike, also known as the Temple of the Wingless Victory, and the six stone-carved caryatids that make up the Porch of the Maidens on the Erechtheion.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to Zagreb
Zagreb’s Twin Towns
The Crystal Lakes of Plitvice
Plitvice Lakes, Ancient Trogir and Split
Dubrovnik, Pearl of the Adriatic
Scenic Drive to Tirana
Across to Corfu
Relax in Corfu
Delphi, Centre of the Ancient World
Delphi sightseeing and on to Athens
Cruise to Mykonos
Kusadasi to Patmos
Crete and Santorini